Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Quilting Upate

Hi again!
I hope everyone is well out there in Blog Land! I'm well and happy. I just heard from one of my missionary companions and we will be meeting for dinner tomorrow night. It will be fun to see her again. It was 30 years ago that I was on my mission. I went to the Bolivia Santa Cruz Mission and I entered the MTC on July 5, 1979 and returned home Jan of 1981. I was an Hermana de Bienestar, or Welfare Missionary. I loved my mission. I started my mission just 2 years after I was baptized.




Well I'll have more details tomorrow. Tonight is for the quilting update. I have been a little beaver of activity all week and this weekend. No students signed up for my paper piecing class yesterday so I had more time to sew!
Let's see, yesterday I finished quilting the quilt for my friend. I like how it turned out. Here it is with a close up of the quilting.

Today I finished the next part of the Washington Medallion quilt. Of course I had one of the borders on upside down and I had to rip it out and reapply it the right side up. That's after I decided I made my floating border a little too narrow, and I needed to trim down the center square a little more. I like my new blue borders better than the fabric they sent, so all is well that ends well.

This evening I also started my May Mini Quilt. Need to get this finished before the end of April so it can hang on my cubical wall at work.

This morning I cut, tied and finished this little baby blanket for my neighbor who had a little baby girl the end of March. She really like the little blanket. I took less than an hour to make. A simple thing to bring a little happiness to a person. This is her first girl after 3 boys.

I think that enough don't you. Have a good week and take care! Now to go to bed and get ready to start my work week.

4 comments:

Sara said...

THose quilts are all beautiful!

Ya wanna teach me to paper piece??
I haven't tried it yet, but someday!

Mary said...

Sara,
Thanks for the compliment! Thanks for always checking out my blog, it's fun to see repeat comments. I would love to teach you to paper piece it is a fun technique. It is one of the classes I normally teach. The only problem is doing it long distance! Do try it someday and it is possible to teach yourself but it is more fun to take a class, plus teachers usually have a trick or two to share.
Keep Stitching!

Bonnie said...

Ah, I just didn't read far enough. Now I have learned what years you served in Bolivia. I want to learn to paper piece also. I actually signed up to go take a beginning class at a shop in SLC on April 25. If I lived closer to you, I would come take a class from you & I could meet you in person!

Mary said...

Bonnie,
Good Luck with your paper piecing class. It is a fun technique. No matter when you make it Mesa, we'll hang out!