Monday, April 22, 2024

Week 15 of Nikki's Stocking

It is more like week 15.5. 
I saw the surgeon on April 16th. And he said my eye was doing well and he was really impressed with my vison of 20/60. 
Of course I had two big questions could I drive and could I stitch. He said yes to both if it felt comfortable. I didn't stitch that day a Tuesday because my eye pain and irritation was the worst it had been. He increased my prednisone drops from 4 times a day to 6 times and that did make an improvement. 
On Wednesday I did a little stitching and on Thursday 
I did a little more, but not a lot. 
What I did start to work on was my nest of threads. It never use to bother me to have a nest of threads and just pull out the color I wanted and match against the bobbin of floss I had. But this year with all those different greens and so many of them close in value, it is really bugging me. So I decided to use some little bags I have and label them with the color. That way I look for the correct baggy to find any loose threads I might have that I can use.

Here are my rings, one with baggies and the other with the bobbins.
And a much smaller thread nest.


And here is the progress I made over the weekend. I still have a ton of leaves to do above the cornucopia. But I am tired of leaves. 



Be Happy!


No comments: