Yes I have actually been doing some sewing.
Actually it turned out to be a lot.
This project turned out bigger than I thought it was but I am so happy with the end results. I must admit at one point I was ready to chuck it all.
It is a Twister Easter Bunny and a class sample. I was in a rush to get it done for Meet and Greet at the shop but I didn't make it.
All the fabrics except for the background fabric. I had to cut 409, 3.5" squares.
Then sew them together and add a border, so I can cut it apart again and sew it together again!
Here the bunny is about half twisted.
See how much small it becomes.
Some were around row 21 one I realized I was missing a piece.
I almost cried.
That is where it should go!
I was so relieved I found it. It had been hiding in that pile of blue waste squares. I am planning on making a small bunny out of those left over waste squares.
Here is the backside of the bunny, yup there are a lot of seams. This is one of the few projects where I press my seams open.
The mini clover iron helps a lot.
The bunny is still on my frame here, I had just finished the quilting. Before I arrived at this point I had basted it and was quilting it on my table top machine. The quilting was pure ugly. The fabric had started to bunch up and wasn't laying flat. So I spent three hours ripping out the quilting and decided to quilt it on my frame.
I am so glad I did!! It turned out so much better!!
A close up of the quilting. I actually changed the thread three times on this project, the first time I had done that on a frame quilt.
I was so happy to have it all done! The binding was on the sleeve was on! Than I realized I didn't do the whiskers. Luckily I noticed they weren't on before I tool it to the quilt shop to hang up as a class sample.
Now he is done, with his little whiskers!!
This little guy kept me busy! Now on to other stuff.