Sunday, July 7, 2024

Week 26 July 4, 6 month mark

I just realized I should have taken a picture on 
June 27th for the Week 25 update. But I didn't!

I started the stocking on January 4th and 
July 4th marked the 6-month mark. 
I am still working on that foot part and I did roll it 
up from the bottom so I am making progress.


On July 3rd, I decided I wasn't going to stitch the fence on the hill in the off-white because it isn't visible against the background fabric. 
I decided to blend one strand of each off-white with one of the golden tans. Making a new color. I used two different colors and asked Nikki which she liked better. 
Interestingly we both liked the lighter of the two choices. 
We decided on the left one.


Here are the first few fence boards compared to 
the fence on the other stocking I made.
Looks much better.


Close-up of the completed fence.


Comparison of the two fences.


This is what I have accomplished since my last post.
All flowers and leaves on the right side are completed.
Finished filling in the left basket, finished the blue flower on the left, and finished the fence on the hill. 


Last night on July 6th, I rolled the stocking up from the bottom 
and worked on the large flower on the left.

Be Happy!

No comments: