Sunday, June 2, 2024

Week 21 Nikki's Stocking update for May 30

Since it was such a busy week, prepping fleece to take to High Adventure for the kids to have a Just Serve project to work on. 
Yes, I trimmed the salvage off of all that fleece yardage!
And enjoying 3 days and 2 nights at camp.



Even with all that I did manage to get some stitching done. 



After finishing the right branch in the left basket, I realized I still needed to do that branch in the right basket. 
So, I did that and started some leaves. 

Do you remember my broken magnifying glass? Well, the tape didn't hold up. And I was tired of retaping it. 
And I could not find a new glass like the one I had to replace the broken one.


I bought a new magnifying glass on Amazon. The picture looked good and the principle sounded good. It was supposed to hang from my neck. However, the flexible neck material was too long, and the magnifying glass was not in the correct place for me to see. 
I did all kinds of configurations to try and make it work. The one below worked the best but was uncomfortable. 


See that black circle on my head, that is the neck support for the magnifying glass. Yup, I twisted that thing around 
and placed it on my head. 
I did that for several months until I couldn't stand it anymore. 



So I broke down and bought these new glasses 
with interchangeable lenses. 
What a difference they make. 
More comfortable and I can change the lenses if I need to. And I don't need my regular glasses with them. 

Here is hoping I will have more time to stitch this week.



No comments: