Sunday, May 1, 2011

New Machine Update!

On Tuesday I took a PTO day to take a class on my new machine.  It is the first machine class I have ever taken but I decide to give it a go.  And I am glad I did.  I learned a lot of tricks and that is always good.  I was the only student so I had a 1: 1 at my speed.  After my class I came home and made a practice piece of stitches and learned some more things.

First Stitch practice
I learned I could make some smaller and larger, I need to know which direction the machine is going to go.  Some I see will need stabilizer, I didn't use any in this piece.  Notice I made notes of the sizes I used and the number of the stitch.  I didn't make all 460 stitches the machine has, I don't have that kind of time.  Now to use them some place. 


Yes it does circles!
The machine has a circle attachment and I can stitch in a circle.  I don't think I will use this a lot but I think for my Yo-Yo quilt I'll make a circle label.  There is a chart to use to measure the designs so they match up at the end but I didn't use that this time, maybe the next time.  I also noticed if I didn't pay close enough attention my fabric drifted and my circle are less then round.  But for my first time I did well! 

This has been really fun and I feel more bonded with my machine. 

I also did more Yo-Yos. I noticed the edges are getting a little frayed. I have taken them to show friends who are in rehab after surgery.  They will have to stay home now, no more traveling.



Yo-Yos 5.1.11
I also spent a lot of time working on my EQ7 Class I am teaching on May 14th.  I am hoping my new format works well.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: