Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love how the world is all dressed up and puts forward it's best foot. I love the decorations, the Christmas music, the plays and the books. Most of all I love the reason why we celebrate and the hope it brings to our life. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have of Christ's birth, His life and his Atoning sacrifice for us.
The pictures below are a few of my favorite things. Bubble Candles that don't seem to bubble like they did when I was a kid. Mini souvenirs of things I frequently saw while I was a missionary in Bolivia. I have lots of hats, a few llamas and a couple of clay pots and some shoes made from tire tread. Hand made ornaments I made over the years. Ornaments from friends, some are lambs because I collect lambs, some from patients that I cared for over the years, so I have some nurse ornaments.
My collection of Nativity scenes is growing, some are gifts from friends, some I purchased and one I made in ceramic classes way back in 1973. Poor Mary has lost her praying hands, but I still put the set out in the place of honor under the tree.
Part of the fun of decorating is to relive the memories of times past of family and friends.
My prayer is that my children will some day have good memories from the ornaments and quilts I have given them.

No comments: