Thursday, October 24, 2013

Catch-Up Post

This post is a major Catch up with what has going on around here.  Yes, I have been busy and in-between busy I have worked on a few things.  So here you go! 
 
Two years ago I craved a Funkin, here you can see how it looked.   Well this year when I unpacked it there was a little accident and the middle part broke off.  There was too much detail.  So anyway we decided it looked like a monster's mouth and we decided it needed a tongue and some eyes.  How do you like the new look?  I just used paper for the tongue and eyes. 
 
We purchased some new inside decoration and one is on loan to us. All at half price, my 2nd favorite price.
 
This is my other new decoration!  Isn't it great!
 
The outside is also all decked out!
 
 
I have done some tying of Mr. B's quilt but I most admit I am not loving this.  I need to get it done for Christmas or before because he needs it and has been very patiently waiting for this.  I was going to give it to him last Christmas.  But life happened.
 
It is also uncomfortable to stand at my frame and do this.  I am working from the back to tie it and it a reach and I can only do about one row at a time.  I must make time for this.  The sacrifices we make for our love ones.


I felt like doing some piecing. 
I really wanted to make the Twister Jack-O-Lantern but I couldn't find the pattern at any of my favorite places.   Here is a link to the pattern. So I decided to make this little snowman that I was going to make last year and didn't.  This is made from a charm pack.  I found the squares hard to cut in half with the little pointy edges.  Better done than perfect.  It still needs some embellishments before it is sandwiched and quilted.       

I also took two quilting classes.  This is my piece from the walking foot class.  Yes I have taken classes before and I have done most of my own quilting, except on three quilts.  One of my goals for my retirement was to become a better quilter and so I took a couple of classes, this one was the walking foot class, the second one was the free motion class.  I learned a lot from both of them. 

The best part is I learned some new ideas for quilting so maybe I will get out of my same old same rut.  I didn't take a picture of the free motion sample yet so I'll save it for another post.  I took the classes from Sandy Davis at A Quilter's Oasis.


And last but not least I am still making more Yo-Yos for my Yo-Yo quilt.  From this post in
August you can see I have a
few more yo-yos, but not a lot.             



 
If you click on this link, it will take you to my Genealogy Blog and you can see the Family History Scrapbooking pages I have made. I am loving how they have turned out.  
 
Have fun whatever you are doing!!

2 comments:

Lorene Holbrook said...

love your Halloween decorations! I bet the girls love it!

Carma Lee said...

Haven't checked in on your blog in too long! You're a busy lady! Good to bump into you once in a while like at the Fm. Hist. Conference :)