Saturday, May 14, 2011

Quilting Phone App

Last Saturday I was speaking with one of my quilting friends about smart phones and tables.  We were visiting at her work, a LQS. She said, "I would like to have an app for my phone when I get one".  So I am thinking this is a great idea and I pulled out my droid phone went to market and search for quilt.  Two or three apps came up and I clicked on Quilting Calculators, with a little logo of RK that matches the color scheme of the imagine below.


This is their add for iPhone, but it is out for droids also.  The app has 8 formulas and they really work.  It takes a few moments for it to load.  After it loads there is a banner screen to skip.

The formulas are:
  1. Fabric Measurement, converts into decimal form and fractional form.
  2. Backing & Batting
  3. Piece Count
  4. Pieces to the Yardage Area
  5. Binding
  6. Broader Yardage
  7. Square in a Square
  8. Set-in and Corner Triangle
After I found the app, a costumer came in who needed borders for her quilt.  I did the calculations on my phone app and my friend did them on a quilting calculator she had at the shop.  Our results matched. 

So my suggestion is download it!  I have no affiliation with this company, I am just a satisfied user.

Happy Stitching!


No comments: