Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

Remember the Flag Tumbler quilt that I wanted finished by today!  Well I made it and it is hanging on my wall.  I finished the binding yesterday and the hanging sleeve this morning. 
 

I did simple quilting on it, in the ditch on the straight
seams and in the cream strips and borders I did a serpentine stitch.
 

It is even kid approved!
 
Notice her red, white and blue nail polish?  Her younger sister wanted us to all have matching nail color for the 4th.
 

Here are my fingers.
 
 
Another view of my fingers.
 

And my toes!
 
We have two new household members!
 

Meet Sugar and Cinnamon.
 
 
Or Cinnamon and Sugar.
 
Cinnamon came to us on May 29th, from a neighbor, he was born on April 1st.  We thought he was a she, so don't ask me to check the sex of an 8 week old kitten.  Obviously, I don't do it well.
We didn't take the other litter mate because he was a boy.
So we got Sugar from the pound, she is about a year old. 
She came home with us on June 3rd. 
As you can see they are getting along well. 
 
They are both good cats and belong to the girls.  The girls have full responsibility for the cats, feeding, water, litter box, and brushing.  The girls have been doing an excellent job of being responsible pet owners.  That was the deal we made, they wanted cats after my cat Rosie died in March at age 15.
 
Well that's all folks. 
Happy 4th of July!  Be safe!
Happy Stitching, scrapping and living!
 
 

2 comments:

my Heritage Happens said...

A wonderful post! I LOVE your quilt! It is beautiful! The nails, so very cute and clever, those kids! Welcome to the newbies in your family too! They are cute. Where t=do you find the time???

Lorene Holbrook said...

oh I love your quilt!!! mine is still in pieces. your kitties look so sweet. lots of hugs...