All the blocks are done! They have been done for a week and it took me evenings during the week to give them a final press. They are all nicely pressed and I will start squaring them up, but I am going to do that one row at a time.
All the blocks are done!
Saturday was my Scrapbooking day with friends and I made a few more pages. Here is one here and you an see the other 3 here. I have about four more pages in an almost completed status.
I thought this page fits in well here on my quilting blog.
Mr. B. has been making some progress on the Man Cave. Today I found out what is motivating him to work on it each Saturday and a little in the evening after work. We decided we wanted a Wii Fit for Christmas this year. And it will need a new TV, which means he needs to make a new TV stand because the one we have will not fit a new TV. If I had known that was going to motivate him, I would have mentioned it sooner!
Last weekend he added some siding to the last two sides and used primer paint on all the raw wood on all four sides.
This weekend he finished closing in the eave on the North side. He also had to place the cross bean support under the eave. This really wears him out with all the going up and down the ladder.
Well not really it was still too hot out today. I made ten of these instead of going to the park! Plus I run errands and went out to dinner with Mr. B.
On the Design Wall
This is what it is starting to look like. This is when I wish I had a bigger design wall. This baby is going to be a king size when ti is done. The colors are growing on me, this is so way out of my comfort zone. One of my friends saw it today and feels the colors are very rich. It is funny how sometimes the right words can make you see something in a different light.
It is the end of the work week and the beginning of the weekend. Tonight after dinner and watch a show with my Mr. B. I went to my sewing room and made 8 of these blocks. After running errands tomorrow I hope to get some more done! I am wishing I had a design wall big enough to place this quilt on.
I have a new EQ7 class I am teaching in November and I have been working on the class slides for a while. Just adding a little more each time I work on it. My Beginner's class is easier to prepare but this is a Beyond the Basics class and it it hard to decide what to include and what not to include. I focus more on drawing blocks which I think is a lot of fun. I will throw in a little on quilt design, I think if I have time. Maybe I should make two classes, one on block drawing and one on quilt design. Well I am glad I started working on this early. I haven't taught a Beyond the Basics class since EQ5.
Well here are today's results. Tomorrow it is back to work as normal.
I made more strips and blocks. As you can see I still have more to make and a few more black centers to cut. I also called my quilt shop to place this baby on the wait list to be quilted. There is no way I am tackling this on my 9 inch machine even if it is on a frame.
Well I have done some sewing and some more Family History scrapbook pages in the last two weeks. I put the scrapbooking away for a few days. I usually go to quilt camp the weekend after Labor Day but I wasn't able to go this year. Long story and I am not going there. So I decided that this Saturday, Sunday & Monday I would get as much sewing down as possible.
First I need to catch you up what I finished last week. I finished appliqueing the scallops down on the fourth border of Fresh Picked Flowers. It is all nicely pressed. Now I am thinking of how to quilt it. I think my idea is to do something in each white area so the flowers and colored areas pop more. We shall see. I hope to work on that on Monday. No picture because it won't look at lot different then what you have seen.
Almost empty box of Yo-Yos
I also tacked down all the small Yo-Yos I had finished and started making more. I didn't get far, I only made 5 more. I think I need to put the Yo-Yos away for awhile and work on finishing Fresh Flowers and Kierra's Double Irish Chain quilt. I have to make more blocks to finish off those large Yo-Yos but I am not making more blocks until these are finished.
Yo - Yo Tally:
25 Blocks finished
9 partially done
Saturday I started our daughter's and her husband's new quilt. She loved the black and red one I made for her when she was 15, She wanted black and red again this time, and the same pattern was fine. We did add a third color. I cut a lot of my strips yesterday and started making Block A. Today I was bored with Block A and started some Block B. Just to mix things up a bit.
Double Irish Chain
I placed some blocks up on the design wall to see how they are going to look. The piles of blocks are on the ironing board. In front are my mock up for making my strip sets. I think it is going to look very nice.
Mr. B. took a five day weekend for the Labor Day weekend and did some work on his Man Cave. He only worked on it two of those five days and had the siding to the top of the windows. This Saturday he finished the North side. Only two more sides to go. I hope they go faster since there are no windows on those sides. One side does have a wall unit air conditioner.
Saturday evening we had a some rain and before it was pouring real hard, Mr. B. was standing on his ladder under the eave caulking the some of the seams. I went to get my camera to take a picture but I was too late. Now that is dedication, no actually he was just in the mood to do the caulking.