Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Small Project

After a king size quilt of black, red & grey I needed something small and quick with brighter colors to work on.   I have seen several Twister wreaths around so I decided to make one also.  This is how it looked when I first assembled the top.  Not very interesting is it. 
Pre-Wreath

This is how it looks now.  The background fabric is really white with a gold design in it, not yellowish.  My fabric are batiks.  I still have to quilt it.  I started it Saturday evening and got this far by Sunday evening.  I also worked on my handouts for my Flying Geese class on Tuesday evening.  Yes it was a busy weekend.
 
Twister Wreath
This is a fun technique, it is fun to see the design come together.  Cutting out the squares is a little awkward, but doable.  This is the mini twister tool I used which is 2.25 inches square.  My top is about 18 inches square.

Happy Stitching!


No comments: