Saturday, October 8, 2011

Craving a Funkin


Before Craving

Last year I was leaving a quilt shop and someone walked in with a Funkin craved with a quilt block design on it.  I didn't get to study her design, thinking I could do this no sweat.  So I purchased a Funkin on sale after Halloween.







Didn't light up well

So when I took out my Halloween stuff for this year I just had to crave my Funkin,  I searched the web to see if anyone else had craved a quilt block on theirs.  No such luck.  I thought I wanted a Mariner's Compass and had just the block in mind but the pattern I had was too large for the space I had.  So I went to EQ7 and found a compass block I liked sized it to 5" and printed it.  I taped it on the Funkin and I made little holds first along the lines of the pattern.  I had a real candle lite in this to show this much light, that would be a fire hazard.  So back to the drawing board.


Cut out some more

Last night I cut out some of the points and it looks a lot better and I think tonight I will cut out the other points.

I am thinking I should have looked at what she had done not that I would have remembered a year later.  This may have been one of those great ideas that was better in my brain than in reality,  but nothing ventured nothing gained. 




Lite with points out


If I don't like this one I can always try on the other side and then buy another one on sale at the end of the season. 



 

No comments: