Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Time Desert

It is summer time, it is hot and a good time for a cool and refreshing desert. This is Lemonade Ice Cream cake.  Very easy to make and very tasty!  I made it for a scrapbook gathering on Saturday and it was a hit. 
Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Cake
Recipe:
1 - two quart container of Vanilla Ice Cream
1 -  six ounce of Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
Graham Cracker Crust
a 9 x 13 pan or two 8" square pans. 
I make the graham cracker crust like the directions on the box of graham cracker crumbs.  Soften the ice cream and the concentrate.  Mix the two together and pour into the crust and freeze. 

I noticed after I purchased the ice cream it is now a 1.5 quart container.  I haven't been able to find 6 ounces of concentrate in a long time, I use the 12 ounces and it is just fine, not too strong of a lemon favor.  This time I used pink lemonade just to see, it is a nice light pink in color.

Well enjoy!!



No comments: