Monday, September 27, 2010

Beginning to Look Like Halloween

Ghost on Front Door
On Sunday I decided to start decorating for Halloween.  I pulled out all my favorite Halloween things.  This fun ghost is on my front door.  I made him about 1994.  He could use another coat of white paint but I don't want to repaint the face, so he won't get the coat of paint this year. 







Ghost in side by front door



Right by my front door on the inside I have this little welcome sign.  I also painted this decoration.  I'm not a real fan of painting, and I'm very grateful to be able to use stencils.  I only paint when one of my friends from church teaches classes, she makes it very easy.  I have a different ornament for each month.

 
My newest ghost
This beautiful ghost I purchased last year after Halloween.  Yes it is a Jim Shore Design and yes those are quilt blocks in his sheet.  I didn't find this design on his website this year. 








Grim Reaper


The Grim Reaper was also a after Halloween purchase last year.  It was really fun to pull them out of my hope chest and to place them on display. 

Of course all the Halloween quilts are also out.  In this post from last year I have a slide show of all but two Halloween quilts.  Enjoy! 

Now if the weather gets cooler it would be perfect!


2 comments:

Micki said...

You got me into the mood of Halloween!
Micki

SewCalGal said...

Very cute. You are definitely ready for Halloween. I don't think I had ever seen a Jim Shore Halloween theme item before. Love yours!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com