Friday, April 16, 2010

Tree Update


When we first purchased our home we had two Eucalyptus trees out front. The were tall and messy always dropping branches and limbs. After we had a new roof placed on the house in 2004 we cut the trees down in 2005. This is the house with the two trees in front as we were getting the new roof. As you can see the one tree is very tall and all we needed was it to drop a limb onto the house, like a hole in the head.


I remember the day well,when I came home from work and pulled into the drive way I thought I was at the wrong house. A friend from church cut them down for us as a service project. I keep thinking my house doesn't look right, this can't be the right house, but the number is right and the street is right. That is how different it looked.



We had to wait 3 to 5 years before we could plant a new tree to allow time for the roots to break up. So last March we planted this little tree. I had decided to mark it's growth each year. Believe me there were times during the summer I wasn't sure it was going to make it. But as you can see a year later it is doing fine. My husband deep waters it like he should.

You might also notice I have a second rose bush also. It's so small next to my white rose bush. I wish I could grow gardenias and Lilies of the Valley. My two favorite flowers more than roses, but roses grow good here in AZ.

No comments: