Sunday, November 15, 2009
Here is the progress I made this week on my DJ Christmas Swap quilt. I basically only have one more row of blocks and sashing to join together. Then I have to finish sewing all the rows together. I'm still trying to decide what to do with the borders and I might do something unusual but I'm not sure as to how unusual. I have been reading this book Smashing Sets by Margaret J. Miller and it is giving me lots of ideas. I did want this quilt to be more traditional so it won't be very exotic.
My other big last week was to purchase the pattern for the Christmas stocking I will be making my new son-in-law Will. It will match the others I have made for the family and will stay at my house until I die or am too old to care. This year he gets to see the pattern, fabric & threads, Won't he be thrilled with that. Next year he gets the finished stocking. They want it backed in red, so I had to change out one of the colors of the thread from rust to red. Hopefully I'll be able to find a nice velvet next year when it is all done. That took a lot of time to finds colors that would work, but I think I got it. The new colors still look good with the other colors in the stocking. It's funny how each kids is so different when I made Kierra's stocking in 1995 she wanted green, every one else has blue velvet backing. Even Krystal my daughter in law picked blue.
I think blue is the favorite color of about 90% of the world and we prove that in this family.
Well take care and be thankful!