Saturday, November 28, 2009

Holiday Recipes Baked Corn

Before the oven.


One of the things I love about this time of year are the special recipes that come out of hiding,are made,served and eaten with great enthusiasm. Part of what makes them special are that they are served only at special times and the other is the memories that are attached to them. I have four special recipes that I make for the Holidays, my husband & I love them. The kids not so much but they only like green bean casserole, which is OK but these recipes are way better. My taste buds like them anyway. I'm going to share one a day, feel free to try them. Today we have Baked Corn. One of my co-workers shared this recipe with me around 1985.

Baked Corn or Corn Custard
3 eggs well beaten
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp corn starch
1 Tbsp melted butter
1 can cream corn
1 cup of milk
Pinch of salt
Mix sugar & starch, I use a sifter
Add to eggs, add other ingredients
Pour into 1 qt baking dish
Sprinkle nutmeg on top
Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour
I usually double the recipe and use a 2 qt oven proof dish.

There is a custard that surrounds the corn.

After baking.



1 comment:

Carma Lee said...

Looks like something I'd like :)