I'm doing this early today because there will be no quilting today. As a matter of fact there hasn't been too much done this week. I have been working long hours from 10 AM to 8 PM at a hospital that is an hour and a half away from my home. My job is to train and to be at the elbow support for physicians learning how to use an EMR, or electronic medical record. I have to leave in a little while to go to work on the West side of town. I don't usually work on Sunday but this is go-live time (it is the first few weeks of using the new record, so we are providing 24/7 support.
The little bit of quilting I was able to accomplish this week was last Sunday, a little on Monday and a little yesterday. I did some detail quilting on these Dear Jane blocks on my DJ Boo Swap Halloween Quilt. It won't be done in time for Halloween this year, but I have made real progress on it.
The blocks in all four corners are quilted, This one corner was done partcially on the frame and my table top machine. My frame machine doesn't like Sulky thread but I do and my table top machine works well with it.
I wish the quilting showed better in the pictures. One of my photography friends is going to give me some pointers. One of these days.
I also did some in the ditch quilting in different areas. The last part to tackle will be my spider webs I have planned for the open spaces.
The week before I forgot to mention I finished both of Kierra's window quilts. I'm not posting pictures because they are so boring and don't look very different from when I finished quilting them, now they just have binding on them. It is kind of funny how many mistakes I made on the plain red one with dark gray binding. First I cut the back too small, then I sewed the binding on the back and rolled it over to the front to hand sew it, I left it that way since the rolled over part is a little bigger and will show more. Lucky for me my points all turned out good. Give me a complicated quilt any day.
Well off to work I go.