Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sunday Quilting Upate A Little Early


I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!! I really am. I started quilting this morning on my One Block Wonder. I was just going to do a few rows and do some other sewing. Well things were just going along very smoothly. The next thing I know is I have all the center quilted and all the outside border. So the only thing I had left to do was the green resting border. So I rewind the quilt on the frame and started the green border. I had a few issues there, mostly because I was using sulky thread and it was slipping out of the needle. So I took a break went to dinner with my honey and his sister and her husband our son Kinsen. We did a little groceries shopping. After checking email and blogs I decided to try to quilt some more. I'm happy to report that the quilting is done. Here is the all done on the frame picture. Doesn't everyone do this?
I'm going to trim the edges and prep and apply the binding. I'll leave the hand sewing part of the binding for my evenings on my work trip next week to Page AZ.

Here is a close up of the top border. I did a loop-de-loop meandering with leaves every once in a while. My husband finally noticed that the border fabric is the same as in the window curtains in our Hobby Room. How long has this quilt been on a design wall? Months! Well at least he noticed.

Here is a close up of the green border. I was doing a free style ribbons effect. Actually it is a row of double quilting. It is something Cindy Roth does. You just have to go with the flow. Not the easiest thing for me to do, but I'm learning.

1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

Really beautiful. Love the colors and design. You did a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com