Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Vacation Day 10 Fort Lauderdale & Delray Beach

Our last full day in FL. So sad but all good things must come to an end. This was a Linda and Mary day and we let Richard tag along. First stop return the rental car. Next we went to a cross stitch shop, I came out without spending any money. There were a ton to patterns. Since I had a hard time seeing the Aida cloth to do Linda's gift and couldn't see the linen at all I decided I not to get any patterns. I know I won't do them. I'm saving my eyes for the last two Christmas stocking I hope to do some day for a future son & daughter in-laws.
Next stop Fort Lauderdale quilt shop, Once Upon A Quilt, nice little shop it had been featured in Quilt Sampler. The poor gal on the counter had no sense of humor. My honey came into the shop and started making jokes about "do you have quilts for sale?" "How about that one for $30" Of course the kit alone was $75. She just didn't get it, so he went and sat in the car. Most shops he pulls that on just go alone with him. I found one more piece of fabric I needed for my new project and a reference book I wanted.
Next stop a doll store but it was closed on Thursday for the summer hours. Bummer, didn't they know we were coming.

So we drove alone the beach at Delray, Boca Raton, the ocean was choppy today but the weather was gorgeous, nice breeze. Here is a picture of my "Desert Rat" husband and how he enjoys the beach.

Here is how I enjoy the beach, with my feet in the water. It looks like we took a picture of each other at the same time. I seldom knew when he was taking pictures of me so on many of his pictures I'm squinting in the sun or talking. I ended up finding some nice sea shells, they all have small holes in them and I plan to use them as embellishments on a sea shell quilt I have planned.

1 comment:

Carma Lee said...

Looks like you had a great trip down memory lane and made great new memories.