Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving day thoughts and actives.

Dinner is over, the food is away, and we are full and happy. It has been a great day. There is much to be thankful for we are truly blessed. We are all healthy, all working, and all happy. We have good jobs that we like. We have a lovely home in a good neighborhood, with a grand new room my husband built. We have good friends and good relationships within our family. We have hobbies we enjoy to enrich others. Most important we have a sure knowledge of the Lord’s Plan of Salvation, of His divinity. The sweet whispering of the Holy Spirit tells us this daily. My heart is full of gratitude.
I had a very productive day; I hung my Christmas valances and curtains. I quilted a Christmas wallhanging I started last year. I had started quilting the wallhanging last year on my table top machine. For some reason this morning I could not find the grove with the machine. It is so different than quilting on my frame. I decided to load it on the frame. I loaded it and quilted it in 2 hours and 30 minutes. That is an all time record for me. It was pin basted, so I just removed the pins as I went. It also had some stitching in the ditch on it at the first border. I don’t think that was the smartest thing to do. My resting border doesn’t lay flat. Oh Well better finished than perfect! I attached the binding and began hand sewing the back of the binding down.
We had dinner at my sister-in-laws house, Judy. All her kids, grandkids and first great grand were there. I took pictures of all the present. Kinsen came; Klint & Krystal came from Payson. Kierra had to work but she called.

No comments: