Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Stocking Number 1

I started with Nick's stocking because his fabric count was just one size bigger and I didn't want my old eyes to strain anymore then they were going to be. You know as a warm-up to this new task before them. 
In one evening I Fray Checked the edges so they won't unravel while I worked and I found the center of the fabric and loaded it on my frame. Of course, I have adventures in all that I do. My old bottle of Fray Check was solid as a rock and I had to run out to buy some more. Luckily the shop is close by and they were still open. This was also while helping a child with homework. 


Don't I do marvelous work!
Why is that little piece of paper sticking out of the frame, you ask? Because I couldn't get the frame tight enough and that little bit of paper took up the slack, just enough to make it tight. 


Don't you just love it when the first stitches you have to put in are right on the centerline? It sure makes it easy!

Two days later I took a picture of my progress to make sure she liked the colors we are using and she was happy. 


I wished the fabric looked this big when I am working on it as it does in this magnified picture. 



No comments: