Monday, April 18, 2016

Yo-Yo Quilt Update

I had a Facebook memory popup this morning on my feed of my first picture of my Yo-Yo quilt, taken five years ago today.
So I thought, yes let's see how much progress I have made in five years. Here is that picture. Just six little blocks and three with centers appliqued down.


I understand why I haven't made as much progress as I would like.  Something about other projects to do and kids. 

Here is the link to my last progress up date. 
I had 37 blocks done and 44 to go. 

I now have 38 and a half blocks done, since August of 2013.  But I have made a lot of yo-yo.  I have 17 blocks with the centers appliqued down and 25 centers just tacked on to the blocks.  I have a total of 81 center blocks to make and four corner ones, which the backgrounds aren't even made. They will have the opposite coloring of the center blocks. So I am still a tag short of the half way mark.  

Here is block 39, the half completed one, and the Yo-Yo's I have made on the last three car trips we have taken as a family.  I like doing this while driving it helps make the drive go faster. 
I guess I need to start doing some of this when I watch TV with Richard after the girls go to bed.  I find it too hard to work on their stockings that late in the day.


Here is my container with all the blocks except the one above. 
The baggies have sets of 10 in them, 
so I don't have to keep recounting them.


The pile on the left are the Yo-Yos I have made during the last three car trips.  The pile on the right are the ones I have made since my last update, August 2013. 


I think it is time to start sewing Yo-Yos unto blocks!

Happy Stitching!!

No comments: