Monday, August 31, 2015

Heidi's Quilt

The other project I finished which had nothing to do with my "Get RR Done" group is a quilt for Heidi.  She made it for her daughter who has gone off to college.  
It is a fun double sided T-Shirt quilt. That is right the back is also made of T-Shirts.  I like to follow a patter or go around the designs of the front, but I had to keep reminding myself it isn't going to work that way on the back and to just go for it. 


Here is the front.  I didn't take a picture of the back. 


Look at how nice and puffy it will be even with low-loft batting.


 My favorite block.  This T-shirt is from the first quilt shop I ever taught at.  Quilter's Emporium.  My best friend was the owner and she asked me to teach paper piecing because I was the only person she knew who knew how to paper piece.  Man I have good memories of that place.  I miss it and I miss Rosie.  Rosie is now in the Heavenly Quilt group.  I will be eternally grateful to her for introducing me to quilting, we took our first classes together.  And for inviting me to teach at her shop which expanded to teaching all kinds of classes. I also did the monthly newsletter for the shop.  

No comments: