Saturday, April 25, 2015

New Bookcase

It sure is nice to have a handy husband. 

One day I was giving a private EQ 7 lesson here at my home.  
When I reached up to my old bookcase to get my notebook down the shelf did a nasty twist and books began to fall all over.  Luckily my friend helped take some of the books down and put them on the floor for me, before more damage was done. 


That almost empty shelf was the accident 
looking for a place to happen.

Here are the books I placed on the floor when the shelf fell.  
Plus there was another big binder with the classes for foster 
parents we took.  I found it a new home in the hall closet. 


This was a five shelf bookcase that used to be on the floor
 until Mr. B. purchased this big computer desk for me.  So we took it apart and made two short cases out of it and placed it on top of the desk.  Which works well.  The less flat space I have the 
better it is; I tend to fill it up. 

We tried to find something at the stores but they were all that cheap particle board or is it press board that falls apart after 5 years.  Mr. B. said that would not work and he could built me a nice new one.  
Here it is!!  It is lovely and I really like it. 
Even though the shelves are long there is support in the middle of each shelf. No shagging shelves here.

Thanks, honey for doing such a good job. 


Those are my genealogy notebooks on the bottom left.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stitching!!   

1 comment:

Lorene Holbrook said...

that looks beautiful!!!! great job hubby!!!!