Thursday, April 23, 2015

Long Overdue Post

I have been meaning to write this for awhile but I get busy and I was sick so it didn't get done.  I decided today was the get it done day.  So be forward it is picture heavy!

I am starting with our new tree.  You can see the post of the first picture I took of it in 2010.  It was planted in 2009.  Every year I take a picture and I don't see any real growth.  This year it is different, I see some real growth.  We need it to shade the front of the house since it faces West.  


That little twig on the right is now our new tree.  So I guess I'll call the other tree our 2009 tree and this one the new one.  A Palo Verde Tree which is supposed to be full grown in 5 years.  I'll keep you posted.  It did get some yellow blooms on it this year.  I loved to see them in bloom but they are messy when they all fall off.  Here is a link to tell you more about the tree.

Christmas stocking update.  I have been working on this stocking for a long time and some nights I do six stitches and wonder why I bothered.  This last Saturday I had nowhere to go and I did some quilting on a friend's quilt and some stitching on Little Bit's stocking.  Bigger Bit wants to know when I will work on her stocking.  


I was thinking last night, "WOW I only have one more stitch to make and I can start the little angel in the middle."  
NOT so!  When I took my picture this morning I could see I still have the large flower on the right to make.  It felt good while it lasted.  

Now for the other project I have been working on.  This is the quilt I am quilting for a friend.  One of her friends made the top from her old Hard Rock Cafe t-shirts.  


I was given the honor of quilting it for her.  This picture is when I was pressing it.  It is 3 across and four rows down.


Here it is on the frame with the first pass completed.  I am just doing Loop de Loops with a star thrown in there every once in a while.  


First pass, such fun colors. 



Shortly after I passed the mid-way point I ran out of thread.  I was so happy that it waited until I finished the row I was working on, so I took a picture!  Perfect timing. 
Yes my buttons on my controller are taped down, they keep popping off.  At least this way I can't lose the tiny little things. 


And this is how far I have come, and I hope to finish it today or tomorrow.  Well I still have to put the binding on for her, since she isn't a quilter.  She is my scrapbooking and genealogy buddy. 

Well happy stitching!!


1 comment:

my Heritage Happens said...

Everything is so awesome, I love it all! I need motivation to complete a cross-stitch that I have had for ten years now. Oh, and when I get ready for quilting I will know where to send mine to be done! LOL