Friday, January 23, 2015

Working on a New Class

One of my students at the LQS I teach at, A Quilter's Oasis, asked for a class where we design blocks in Electric Quilt and than sew the blocks together and make a quilt.  I asked the owner and she thought it would be a good idea.  
Now, I have to admit with the Christmas holiday and all I kind of forgot about it for awhile.  But I was reminded and off I started to work on the class.  
First I need to speak to one of the other teachers who does a intermediate block class were the blocks are drafted on paper.  I didn't want to do the same block.  We had a lovely discussion. 
It took me a couple of days of deciding which blocks to use.  I kept finding fun blocks to draft.  I have 48 blocks in my project, so you can see I had fun drawing blocks.  I only needed 12.  
Last Friday the 16th I picked out my fabric and on Saturday I started sewing.  

So this is how the quilt looks in EQ (Electric Quilt software).
The fabrics were scanned into the program after I purchased them.  


Here are the six blocks I have done already.  The color is really off on the background fabric, it is a light lavender.  I think my camera does some crazy things. Plus every time I open my Photoshop Elements it tells me my monitor needs to reset but neither my husband who works in IT or I know how to do that.  I guess I need to make him do a Google search to learn how. 


Block above is Block and Bars.


Contrary Wife


Peekaboo


Measure for Measure is the name I found for it,
I like Little Big Star.



I Had a Dream


Grannies Choice.  

I decided to add the scanned fabrics also so you can see the fabric better.  They look much better this way.  The third one down is the background fabric, no yellow in it.  The Peekaboo block when I downloaded it from my camera was a light red color.  I think it is time for a new camera. 






Well I need to call it a day!
Happy quilting, and have a great day!



No comments: