Monday, December 1, 2014

The Girls' Stocking Update

Well I am making slow and steady progress.  The first update was on October 19, 2014.  They are both happy that they each have a little bit done on their stockings.  I sure don't stitch as fast as I use to.  I have to use the magnifying glass all the time and the chair in the TV room is too deep for me to sit in and stitch.  So I turn the chair to see my chart on my end table and to be under the lamp and sit on the edge of the chair.  So if I want to see what is on TV I turn towards the TV.  I waste too much time see what is on TV.  Well they are for next year. 


Here is the progress on Bigger Bit's Stocking.  She thinks those are the cutest ducks she has ever seen. When I finished the top line of the center pot I almost had a heart attach the curves didn't end over the duck right, it was off by one space.  So I finished working from the other side and I was off on that side also.  After looking at the pattern with the magnifying glass I was able to fine my mistake and luckily it was an easy fix.  I just needed to take out the top row which was only stitched going one way and not tied off.  I needed to add two stitches to the row below it, and two on the top row and it came out perfect.  I had nightmares that I would have to take the whole pot but I knew my bottom was correct.  


Here is Little Bits section that is finished.  It looks crooked because it is on the frame crooked.  The stitching is straight.  I replaced it in the frame four times and I can't get it any better than it is.  It was worst when I first started, so this is better.  I am not sure I like the light grey color here, it is almost too light.  I just don't know what I would place there.  I'll leave for now and see if it grows on me.  For what ever reason this pattern did not have center marked on the pattern for top and sides.  So I started at the top of the design.  I should have started a little lower on my fabric, I don't like working so close to the top of the fabric.  I was just too lazy to count to find the centers.  That paper grid is small for these old eyes. 
I am so looking forward to more color on this stocking.  
Her name comes next.

Happy Stitching

No comments: