Sunday, July 27, 2014

What's Happening

At my place.  Well it has been a little bit of everything.
 
All the flower buttons have been sewn on my little Baby Steps. I have add leaves to less than two sides.  I can see a light at the end of the tunnel on this one.  Yeah!  Some of my friends at the quilt shop yesterday thought I should frame it.  I have never framed one of my little quilts.  I am not sure.  I will have to think on it some more.  I would love to see some little quilts framed to see how it looks.
 
 
 
Several months ago when I taught a Twister Tool class I was showing the students the pattern of this quilt and noticed it had a spider on it.  I had to check out my quilt and it did not have a spider.  Well it has now been added!  It looks more complete now.  Every Witch's hat needs a hanging spider.

 
Close up of the spider.
 
 
On July 9th we took the girls on a little trip to Disney California Adventure Park.  We had a great time.  One of them took a picture of my hubby and I while we waited in line for the Race Car ride in Cars Land.  Last year we forgot to take pictures of hubby and me, so I was determined to get a couple. 



The next day we went to the beach.  This is what happens when you let a 10 year old take your picture up close and personal.  I kind of like the picture. Unfortunately, she dropped my camera with the lens cover open right in the sand after taking this picture.

 
The lens cover doesn't open all the way, as you can see by the back shadow on the picture below. I think I fixed as you can see in the last picture.

 
Above is my tin with my Yo-Yos supplies.  I made more Yo-Yos while we drove back and forth from Arizona to California.  I also listened to a book on CD, Sister Queens: The Noble, Tragic Lives of Katherine of Aragon and Juana, Queen of CastileA very good story which really makes me glad I live now and I am a regular person and not royalty.  



Above on the left are the new Yo-Yos I made to add to the collection on the right.  I made 40 on our trip.  I don't know how many more I need and I don't want to know.  Once I get tired of making Yo-Yos I will start sewing them on some more blocks.  Right now I want to finish that vine for Baby Steps.
 
Well that's all folks.
Take Care and Happy Doings!

 

No comments: