Saturday, January 11, 2014

First Finish for 2014

I will be teaching the Twister Ruler Technique at my favorite LQS, A Quilter's Oasis.  So I started making my sample in December for the shop and finished it today. 
 


I took the Christmas wreath pattern and made it in spring colors.  You can see my Christmas Wreath here.  I used batiks, one of my favorite types of fabric!  I saw this border on a Pinterest made with the waste fabric from cutting out the pinwheels.  I like the extra interest it gives the wall hanging.  I quilted in the ditch, with iridescent Sulky thread.  It give the quilt a little twinkle here and there.
 
I found the perfect color ribbon for the wreath at, The Ribbon Store, also known as Ruffler's Roost.
 
Now all I need is some students to take my class!
 
Happy Quilting!
 
 
 

1 comment:

lorene said...

this turned out fantastic!!!! so pretty!!!