Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Sewing Weekend

I sure enjoy the weekends I have when I don't have to go anywhere or have a long list of errands to do. I this weekend was one of those weekends.  I enjoy sewing in my sewing room in the morning.  My room is at the front of the house that faces West.  When I sew in the morning I open my blinds and I enjoy looking out.  Here is my machine all ready to go.  Maybe one of these days I'll have someone take a picture of me at my machine. 


While I was busy having fun sewing the boys, Mr. B and out son Klint were busy finishing the new bookcase in the Master bedroom.  It is an odd size space but I think this is the best use of the space.  Of course I need to unload all the boxes of books. 
Of course I worked on my witch's hat.  I finished all the rows and added the two borders.  That outer border is a directional print and I did get the spiders upside down on one of the long sides and I had to do some frog stitching.  :-(  I don't like frog stitching.  But all's well that ends well.  That stripped fabric on the left is for my binding.

I also had fun today teaching my friend in Florida how to use EQ7.  We use Skype.  I point my camera at my computer screen and she points her camera at her screen when she finishes drawing what ever we are working on.  It is a lot a fun and we get together every other week or so.  I love technology!

No comments: