Sunday, December 18, 2011

Double Irish Chain is Done!

About an hour ago I finished Kierra's & Will's quilt. All 432 inches of binding sewed on by hand.  It is a good feeling to get it done and not to being sewing on it at midnight on Christmas Eve. 

Every night that I worked on the binding I had company from my cat. She would sit on the quilt that was in my lap and she made it hard for me to lift and move the quilt as I sewed. 

Rosie on the quilt in my lab.
Rosie really shows up good on the orange fabric. I placed a little extra touch in the binding of the quilt. I think these little PS I love you tabs are so darn cute!!
PS Tag
I didn't add a label because she wants to use it as a reversible quilt. 
But the quilt is labeled.  I wrote with my Pigma pen between the bats.  To Kierra & Will Christmas 2011, and a little further I wrote with Love Mary, Mesa AZ.  
No label label
I can't wait until she sees it all finished!! I only have to wait until Wednesday since we are meeting then to celebrate Christmas.

Happy Stitching

1 comment:

lorene said...

love it, love it, love it!!! so much prettier in person. she will love it

Lorene