Monday, October 31, 2011

Progress Made on the Double Irish Chain

Look I made some progress on our daughter's Double Irish Chain!!  Yesterday I had four rows done today I added three more rows.  I only have 8 more blocks to add.  All the blocks are chained stitched together.  After I sew on the last eight blocks, I'll start sewing the rows together in the other direction. 
I am planning on doing a Seminole border.  This will be a king size quilt.  I haven't done a quilt this big in awhile.  It is big!
It has been fun to get some sewing done.  Back to work tomorrow.

To take this photo, I draped the blocks on a mattress that is in our soon to be guest room.  The bed is leaning against the wall, so we can remove the popcorn ceiling and replace the carpet. A project to start next year.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: