I have also been working on my Fresh Picked Flowers. I spent a lot of time thinking about those borders. I had even thought of a pieced border but the design I liked wouldn't fit the size of the quilt.
I finally have two borders on. When I saw the sample the scallops were only one thickness of the white fabric, so you could see the border fabric through the white scallops. I did not like the look of that. So I decided to make the scallops double thickness. This then caused a problem with the direction the border will be pressed because of the thickness in the seam.
The top border has been removed once. I first centered the scallops on the border after it was together I noticed the scallops where off center to the squares. So I centered them to the squares on the bottom border and that looked better. Of course I hate ripping but it had to be done. It looks better now. I am planning on doing a decorative stitch around those scallops.
I still haven't come up with any great ideas for quilting it. Those are thoughts for another day.
I also had a lot of fun playing in EQ7 this week, drawing blocks and learning how to rotate photos on a quilt layout. Those basket are now going the right way. I also scanned in my fabric I have for the setting triangles and borders. I think it will be lovely when it is finished.