Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Special Project

I have been wanting to make a quilt for my cousin in England who has been so helpful with my my mother's family line. We meet last May by email and she is a delightful person.  I have been tossing around the idea of a quilt for her for about 6 months.  First I thought I would make her something Southwest but decided that probably wouldn't be her style.  So I finally asked what she would like.  She told me she likes flowers but would cherish anything I made.  That made me feel good.  I remembered I had this simple little pattern and a kit with flowers.  I am thinking this is a perfect match!

I started laying out the charm squares, I was suppose to use on the charms included and kind of put lights with the medium shades.  I didn't think there was enough contrast, I like contrast.  On the border there was some white fabric to make a scalloped shape on the border, so I decided to use white in my blocks.  The results are above.  I do like it,  I used three different white backgrounds. I think it is going to be darling when it is finished. 

I am calling this quilt Fresh Picked Flowers.  I don't think she reads my quilting blog a lot, so I hope I am safe posting this here.  It's not a total surprise, she knows I am making her something.

No comments: