Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Quilting Upate

Where do I start??
Thursday night I spent the evening filling out the entry forms for the AQG (Arizona Quilter's Guild) Quilt Show which will be in March. I entered two of my quilts for this judged show. I'm entry my Dear Jane Boo Swap Quilt which is now titled BOO It Is Halloween and my Dear Jane Christmas Quilt. I'm a little frustrated with the application because of some of their definitions. I couldn't say it was a first time entry because I had been in a small show before and to use that you had to never had a quilt in any show. This is the first time I have entered a quilt in this state wide show. The second was because I have been compensated for my quilting I am a professional quilter. Well I still think my frame quilting as very amateurish. I don't consider myself one of those very skilled and talented professional long arm quilters. I have a long way to go to get to that level. I hope no one looks at my less than perfect quilting and say Yuck she is a professional. I might have to make a suggestion to have a third category, something between amateur and professional. I also had to take new photos and measure the quilts, width, length and perimeter. I mailed the entries Friday morning. I would have sent it electronically but that wasn't possible. Here is hoping the judges will be somewhat positive. I have never been in a judged show before and I'm a little nervous. My friends and I will enjoy seeing my quilts there. Of course I have also over heard some people's comments on seeing a quilt. Matter of fact I can remember saying one very rude comment myself and after opening mouth and inserting foot, I prayed the quilter wasn't around me. It was a truly ugly quilt and it had Judges Choice ribbon. Obviously I have different tastes than those judges. Oh Well it will be what it will be and I still like my quilts no matter what anyone says.

I guess that was a bit of a rant.


I did make progress on my borders for the Washington Medallion. These are the top and bottom borders and I have my baskets going the right way!!
Next on to the side borders. Between these borders and the center I have 3 floating borders to do. All that measuring and math, yuck.


I also made some progress on my Farmer's Wife Sampler and made six blocks all today. OK 5 of them were easy ones. I'm on the Yahoo list for this and 3 more blocks and I will be caught up with the Block of the Week list. I'm sure liking my fabrics I'm using for this.

Well I really need to go to bed, Mondays sure come to fast.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Wow Mary- You got alot done this week! Im impressed, great job! Can't wait to see your quilts in the show. I don't know that I'll ever have the courage to enter any of mine in a judged show... good for you!