Monday, January 4, 2010

Sunday Quilting Upate a Little Late


I really had a busy 3 day weekend, between being on call and taking all the Christmas decorations down. It is always fun decorate for Christmas and it is always nice to get back to normal.

My sewing was interrupted a lot on New Year's Day by being on call but that is part of my job and it allows me to live in doors and eat both of which I really like.

I did manage to get 2.5 borders of the 3 on my Mystery Quilt. I was going to put it on the frame but the more I thought about my experience with last years mystery quilt. I decided to do a practice piece first.

I'm really glad I did. I'll be making nice Non- Traditional Baptist Fans by the time I finish the practice piece. I didn't get very far on my practice piece, just the markings and two little fans. The thread broke once, sure sign to me it is time to take a break. I haven't gotten back to it again.



I also worked on part 9 of my Block of the Month Washington Medallion. As you can see I'm missing a few pieces of fabric. Some were along the line I cut something wrong. Luckily for me one of my friends who is also doing this quilt but is not using this fabric is going to give me some so I won't have holes in my quilt block. One of the blocks as you can see is just as I left it last night at my machine. There is even a pin in that one seam that is waiting for more pins and to be sewn.

This evening Richard & I went to Empty Nesters for Family Home Evening, that for folks with no kids at home. There was a pot luck dinner and we gave the lesson. We do have young adults at home but they work most evenings so they aren't here. Now it is time to call it a day.

Night all and Happy Stitching!!

No comments: