Monday, November 9, 2009
Monday Quilting Update
Well I was working on my newest project last night and I was about ready to take my update picture but the battery in the camera was dead. Such timing?!?!? So it was not charged by bed time so I had to wait until tonight.
This is my newest project which is also one of my goals for this year. It is from a Dear Jane Christmas Swap from 2001. Yes, that long along. I had 35 blocks so I made one more to make it an even 36. I designed it in EQ5 the year after I did the swap and purchased the fabric. I made 4 different sets of 10. I'm planing on doing scalloped borders so I can have more practice as doing a scalloped binding.
Here is my progress to date. I did struggle over which I color I liked better for the sashing the red or the green with the opposite color as the corner stones. So after making about 15 versions of the quilt in EQ6, I finally decided to use both colors as sashing and to use my back ground as corner stones. I'm liking it. I really like the green next to my border fabric. So I wanted to save enough of that to use as a resting border and the binding. My spacing sure did get wider towards teh bottom.
Well have fun and take care!