Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Quilting Upate


OK I know you have seen a dozen pictures of this quilt in all it stages, but I'm so happy to have it finished. This was to cover a new window added to our bedroom when the new room was added on to our home. The window faces East, so it gets strong AZ morning sun. The sun comes up about 5:15AM, which means it starts getting light about 4:45. That is early by anyone's standard. So first I lined the window with black out fabric, then I cover the window with my quilt. This morning was our first morning to wake up with it, and very little bright light showed through. I'm very happy with how it turned out. My husband even said it looks very nice. So here it is all it's glory! I finished this binding while in Page and on the car trip back to Mesa.

Saturday evening I drew the 10th blocks for my Caribbean Sea Block of the Month in EQ6 and started sewing it. Today I completed the block. Of course I had it all completed and took a picture of it, when I noticed one of the corners was reversed, so I did some ripping and re-sewing to get it right. Funny how it looks better when it is right.

Gray Blue

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love your quilt. Congrats on finishing another project!