Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Vacation Day 8 Epcot


It's Tuesday we must be at Epcot. Here is a picture my husband took with his phone. We arrived just before 10:00 AM and left about 8:30 PM. We did a lot of walking and a lot of standing. The day before I left on my vacation I had seen my podiatrist for pain I have had in my right ankle. Luckily there is no tear in the ligament but he wants me in a boot for 6 weeks. I have been wearing it when ever I have done a lot of walking. It's big, black & very hot in this humid climate of central FL. I did wear it all day long here. I have to admit my ankle feels better.
We enjoyed our visit it here a lot. It is very expensive and I don't know how families afford it. There are some serious fans here you recognize them by all the Disney stuff they are wearing. We saw some honeymooners, the bride wears white Mickey ears with a veil and the groom wears Black Mickey ears with a little top hat in the center. They also wear buttons that say Just Married.

Disney World wants to celebrate what ever you are celebrating so there are buttons for Birthdays, anniversaries and First Visit. Here is a picture of one our pins. It was Richard's first visit, I was there in 1984, so I wore one also, since it was my first visit with my honey and in 25 years.
Our favorite ride was Soaring, we took it twice. The next one was Test Track. It started to rain while we were there and we walked around in the rain, we didn't car. Disney made a killing on selling rain ponchos, we didn't support that venture. While waiting to ride Test Track they closed the ride because of rain but allowed us to wait in line if the rain stopped it would start again. We were able to finish the ride and it is a wild one. At the end when you are out side we were rained on. They stopped the ride because of the rain just as we got off. We felt very lucky. We cheered when we got off and one of the cast crew told us to be quiet, because we were louder than the announcer. What's up with that? Can't we be excited??
Here we are after the ride in the display are of cars in the future.


I don't look any worst for being rained on do I?

No comments: