Friday, January 16, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened...


...on the way to finishing my Valentine Mini Wall hanging. I was doing free motion on my table top machine. It felt like the quilt was dragging a little and I felt like I had to work too hard. I was thinking something isn't right but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. The stitches looked fine, but it was just hard to move the fabric. I quilted all the white background in the wall hanging. I jumped from area to area lifting the foot and lowering the foot, looking right at for my needle position. I looked at the foot several times and nothing registered. I'm changing the thread to brown for the borders and what do I notice. I had a straight stitch foot on and not my bouncing darning foot. I changed that foot right out and things went much easier. It's amazing what using the right tools will do!!

Here is the finished Valentine Mini, or Falling Hearts.

I tried to get a close up of the quilting to show you it came out OK but all my pictures are blurry, so maybe tomorrow I'll try to get another picture.

No comments: