Friday, January 9, 2009

Falling Hearts in a Square


Last year I did a monthly mini wall hanging from my LQS (Local Quilt Shop). I didn't finish them all but I hope to this year. The one for February was not to my liking, so I decided to design my own. While I was sewing the background to the borders of mine, I remembered I need a $10 gift for a work party at the end of the month. So I made a square one to give as a gift, worth more than $10 in my book. Anyhow, tonight I finished appliqueing and quilting it. All I have to do is the binding. I drew my hearts in EQ6 on Wednesday night. Last night I sewed the borders to the background to this square and my hanging. This morning before work I traced the hearts, the rest I did tonight after work, going out to dinner with my main squeeze and a wedding reception.
This was good practice for my wall hanging, which will be long and narrow like the others in the series. That size works well for my cubical at work. I think I will print the some of the hearts a little bigger and may do another double layer one.
My friends that I went to lunch with on the 27th of December will recognize the fabric I picked up on our quilt shop run.

1 comment:

sally O said...

How lovely and what a great gift idea. Thank You for sharing